Outdoor Substrates and the Benefits of Each Product
Best Outdoor Substrates
Outdoor signs for businesses, yard signs, informative signs, and other printed signs need durable, efficient, and cost-effective materials. Most printing companies offer a variety of outdoor substrates that can be used for some applications. Among the most popular is aluminum for aluminum signs, PVC for PVC sign printing or Sintra board printing, and others like new gator board printing.
- Black PVC – large-format printers can now print on dark substrates, and with white-ink printers, you can now print on black or dark-colored substrates such as black PVCs. Black PVCs offer a classy and unique way of conveying messages using signage and are more durable and high quality than white PVCs.
- White PVC – this is polyvinyl chloride or PVC and is resilient, durable, and waterproof. It is one of the most commonly used for outdoor signage, but it can also be used indoors because the image on the board becomes very striking and can be utilized for a long, long time.
- Acrylic – Acrylic is lighter and more versatile than ordinary glass. With acrylic substrates, printed products are glossier and more attractive. You can also hang acrylic works easier and are more durable especially when used outdoors.
- Dibond – this is a new type of substrate wherein a flexible core gets aluminum facers on each side. It is very smooth and will last for a long time and requires minimal maintenance. Prints may be set on both aluminum sides and can be used outdoors or indoors.
- Coroplast – this material is made of corrugated plastic and is made of extruded polypropylene. Coroplast Boards are lightweight, easy to use, cost-effective, waterproof, and can be utilized in all kinds of weather. It can be used for indoor and outdoor applications and is cheaper to use as well.
- Styrene – this is thinner than an ordinary PVC sheet and therefore its lightweight and can be used outdoors and indoors. It is cheaper than PVC board prints making it widely used for displays, bus advertising signage, and trade show exhibits.
- Gatorboard – this is an extruded polystyrene foam board placed in between two layers of wood-fiber veneer. Gator boards are very durable, rigid but lightweight and are mostly used for displays that are stable and portable. A laminate coat can be found in a gatorboard and thus makes it water-resistant and ideal for outdoor signage and displays.
- Foamcore – this is also called foam core or foam board prints. This is lightweight and is easy to take anywhere; foam core is ideal for indoor signage because it is rigid and can be mounted without a frame. It is the best solution for large format advertising and printing.
- Falcon board – this is signage made from recycled paper fiber making it perfect for printing any message, sign, or print. Falcon boards have a honeycomb core which has been constructed using paper and water-based adhesives that provide a stable and versatile material for signage and marketing campaigns.
- Smooth Banner – just what the name implies, this material is soft and therefore offers a high-quality image for any large format advertising or signage. Smooth banners are made of vinyl and therefore will last for a long time and will never fade.
- Removable Vinyl – this is a sign or printed material made of vinyl with special removable adhesive on the back. It is ideal for indoor use. Because of its clear, removable adhesive, removable vinyl signs can be taken down or set up anywhere. It can stick on dry, flat wall surfaces, wood, wallpaper, and painted wall surfaces.