Custom Carpet Decals and Stickers
What Are Carpet Stickers?
Custom carpet stickers are a marketing material vinyl application designed to adhere to a tightly woven rug or low pile carpet. Carpet stickers were more common
in retail showrooms and trade shows in the past. However, the product is now also used widely by the general public as boat carpet decals. Carpet decals are designed to withstand low to medium walking traffic and have a lifespan of between 4 to 6 months. Using vinyl carpet stickers for any longer than 6 months can cause the high tac adhesive from the material to stick to the low pile boat carpet and be very difficult to remove.
- Boat Carpet Decals (graphics for boats' temporary use)
- Church Events
- Trade Shows
- Retail Showrooms
- Directional Signs
- Promotional Signage
- Social Distancing Stickers
- Brand Awareness
What Are Carpet Stickers Made Of?
Carpet stickers are a uniquely formulated 3.4 mil polymeric matte white calendered vinyl coated with a clear solvent removable adhesive laminated to a 90# layflat liner. This sticker has a nonslip surface designed for short term usage and can easily be removed within 6 months without leaving unwanted adhesive behind commercial-grade boat carpets.
For additional product specs see GF-212
Compatible Types Of Carpet and Rugs
Carpet stickers and custom carpet stickers are great affordable additions to small businesses' advertising toolbox and add flair easily to set you apart from the rest. Before committing to a purchase, one thing to keep in mind is to verify the carpet at the install location is compatible with GF-212 material. The infographic below will give a visual representation of the rug and carpet types that perfectly match the product. Boat carpet graphics and vehicle carpet stickers are designed for tight weave commercial carpets and low pile rugs. Please see the floor decal
option suitable for flat and smooth surface install locations.
Why Boat Carpet Decals?
As said before, traditional carpet decals are only compatible with any low pile rug or carpet. Being the carpet on boats has to withstand weather, being exposed to rain and water, heavy duty low pile industrially outdoor rugs are industry standard. So it is only naturally fitting that carpet decals would be a solution for board carpet decals.
Pros For Boat Use
- Applies nicely to tight woven outdoor rugs (just like the carpet on a bass boat)
- Slip resistant
- No need for rug grippers; the product sticks directly to the carpet.
- The product will cling to an area rug if the rug type is compatible.
Cons For Boat Use
- Although the carpet on a boat is water and weatherproof, the adhesive and decal are not. There is a 3-6 month temporary use lifespan and can be shortened by water exposure.
Rug Sticker Special Cut Options
Cut options are a fantastic way to enhance the shape of the rug stickers final design. Cut options are always optional and are not a requirement for any order. Some cut finish like oval and circle cuts have automated options where no additional art setup is required. At the same time, halo (contour cuts) and "exact" cut options require advanced artwork setup. Here's a link to our guide on setting up cut files
Halo cuts have also been known to be called contour cuts. The design style is entirely custom to the shape, with a border (in most cases white) around the outside of the rug's edge.
The circle cut options indicate the vinyl is cut into perfect round rug stickers. There is no need to indicate the circle shape in the file or include a dieline. There is no additional artwork set, and we do ask you have a .25" bleed or upload a square design with colors flooded edge to edge of the artboard.
Oval cuts are similar to the circle cuts above; however, the finish is an oval shape. In addition, there is no additional artwork set, and we do ask you include a .25" bleed or upload a rectangular design with colors flooded edge to edge of the artboard.
Rounded Corner Options
A rounded corner is a finish option that allows you to change the exterior shape of your design without having to make any alterations to your art file. The round corner radial bend options are as follows:
- 1" All Corners
- 3/4" All Corners
- 1/2" All Corners
- 1/4" All Corners
- 3/8" All Corners
How Do You Apply Rug Stickers?
The first thing you will want to do is vacuum up and clean the install site on the rug. Be sure it is clean of all dirt, debris, or anything that could prevent the adhesive from adhering directly to the carpet. Ensuring the area is clean will allow for the most extended lifespan and provide the carpet graphics are installed securely to the carpet and safe to be walked on by the flow of walking traffic.
- Identify the best location for high visibility but not in "high" walk-through traffic flow. For the longest lifespan, locate an area with "low" to "medium" walking traffic.
- Please be sure to locate the final location before moving to the next step. Once the carpet graphic is applied to the carpet, it can not be removed and replaced. Carpet graphics are not removable; once used in one location, the graphics can not be reinstalled safely for pedestrians to walk on.
- Remove the paper backside of the carpet graphic (the paper will be attached to the sticker side of the vinyl)
- With slight pressure, push down on the sticker center and work your way out to the edges. Once the carpet graphic is secure, run your fingers around the outside shape of the sticker design, making sure the vinyl has safely adhered to the carpet.
If the proper steps are followed on installation, you should expect the lifespan of carpet stickers is 3 to 6 months. Boat carpet graphics are designed to be used for temporary signage and should not be used longer than 6 months; doing so can be dangerous for pedestrians.
- Installed in a place with regular foot traffic
- Installed adequately on a compatible carpet (low pile rug or carpet)
- Low exposure to UV lighting (not exposed to constant direct sunlight)
- Exposure to contact with water or other abrasive products
- Installed indoors
- Acceptable Temperatures Rages from 40-125 °